Welcome to another roundup, where we gather all of LA sports’ biggest stories of the day!
With the Dodgers still looking for a solution at third base for next season, GM Andrew Friedman has gone on record stating that they are looking for another right-handed bat. With Friedman also stating that the righty did not necessarily need to fill in the third base position, we took a look at a few position players that the team could look to bring in, some more well known than others.
In the basketball world, the news is all positive surrounding the young players on the Lakers. Both Kyle Kuzma and Talen Horton-Tucker have shown out in the preseason thus far, leading many to wonder what role they could play in the team’s future plans. With LeBron inching closer to retirement, it’s never too soon to start figuring out who could be the future.
The news is not as bright in regards to former Lakers, however, with the news that Jerry West is under investigation by the NBA. There have been questions surrounding the recruitment of Kawhi Leonard to the Clippers, and West was the leading man during the negotiations. While the all-time great had a storied career with the Lakers, his actions since then have tarnished his standing with the fans, especially his current allegations. Only time will tell how West will be remembered when his influence in the NBA reaches its end.
We end the day with a look ahead at the Rams‘ Week 15 matchup against the winless New York Jets. Although this game seems like a cakewalk, the Rams would be gravely mistaken if they believe that anything will be handed to them. If they want to tighten their grip on the NFC West lead, there will be a few things they need to do first.
For additional info on any of the stories mentioned or any other news from around LA, click on the links below for the full article!
- Lakers: Kyle Kuzma and Talen Horton-Tucker’s Early Success Bodes Well for LA Future
- Lakers: Jerry West Officially Under Investigation for Kawhi Leonard Recruitment
- Dodgers: Right-Handed Bats that LA Could Still Target
- Rams: 3 Keys for Victory Against the New York Jets
More Stories from Around LA
- An update on Cody Bellinger after his surgery
- One possible scenario in which the Dodgers could add Trevor Bauer
- Lakers and Kyle Kuzma table extension talks for now
- Majority of NBA execs believe the Lakers will repeat as champions
- Previewing the Rams’ Week 15 matchup against the winless Jets
- Five Rams miss practice after a positive COVID test
- Justin Herbert ties NFL record in win vs Las Vegas Raiders
- 2021 offseason outlook for the Los Angeles Chargers
Newly engraved and back at home. pic.twitter.com/kJNX8aK9x8
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) December 18, 2020
Always making time to study up 💻 pic.twitter.com/9w9tmWQP6A
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) December 19, 2020
Happy Holidays from @Titaniumt98!
— Rams Community (@RamsCommunity) December 18, 2020
— Los Angeles Chargers (@Chargers) December 18, 2020
Remember to check in daily to get the latest updates on LA sports! Follow us on our socials for more content and breaking stories!