Welcome to another roundup, where we gather all of LA sports’ biggest stories of the day!
The Lakers are hoping to make a deep playoff run in Orlando, and odds are that this will likely be the case. If they make it past the quarter-finals, the possibility exists of Rajon Rondo coming back to help the team in the later rounds. Whether this is good news or bad news depends on what you think of Rondo, but a savvy veteran with plenty of playoff experience can hardly be seen as a bad thing. We are just about 2 weeks away from starting the Orlando games, and we can’t wait!
Clayton Kershaw has been the face of the Dodgers for the past decade as well as one of the most dominant pitchers in the game. Recent struggles in big games, however, have made some execs around the sport question whether he is still an ace-caliber pitcher. While his prime may be behind him, Kershaw has proven that he is able to adapt and stay relevant. His desire to give 110% each time he takes the mound is what has made him a fan favorite for the past decade, and he still has plenty left in the tank to go a little longer.
We end today by analyzing LAFC’s opening game thriller last night from Orlando. They seemed to come out of the gate slowly, but a fantastic second half helped them gain a point with a 3-3 tie with Houston. The absence of Carlos Vela was clear, but don’t count them out just yet. LAFC showed that they are still dangerous, even without their leading striker.
For additional info on any of the stories mentioned or any other news from around LA, click on the links below for the full article!
- LAFC come back to tie Houston in Orlando Tourney opener thriller
- Kershaw may not be the best pitcher for LA, but he still has it
- Lakers may still get Rondo back in time for the playoffs
More Stories from Around LA
- Clayton Kershaw vs Johnny Cueto officially the opening matchup
- Walker Buehler might not be built up by opening day
- Markieff Morris not seen yet in photos or video from NBA bubble
- Frank Vogel all but confirms KCP will replace Avery Bradley in lineup
- Lou Williams calls out players using the tip hotline in Orlando bubble
- Steve Ballmer is staying committed to bringing social change
Chico, but his hops are grande. pic.twitter.com/dIcgg06Cop
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) July 15, 2020
🎥 Via (JaValeMcGee) IG pic.twitter.com/ksMczBVSKA
— ShowtimeForum (@ShowtimeForum) July 14, 2020
Remember to check in daily to get the latest updates on LA sports! Follow us on our socials for more content and breaking stories!