Welcome to another roundup, where we gather all of LA sports’ biggest stories of the day!
The Lakers have been one of the favorites heading into Orlando, but they didn’t anticipate losing their two highest usage point guards before playing a single game. Rajon Rondo‘s finger injury will hold him back for at least six weeks, which leaves a big opportunity for someone to step up in his absence. Alex Caruso has played well all season and deserves the chance to take those extra minutes going forward. The Lakers have just over 2 weeks to figure out if this is the direction they want to take.
In football news, the Chargers took a big hit today with the suspension of Roderic Teamer. Teamer will sit out the first 4 games of the season due to a violation of the league’s substance abuse policy, leaving a hole for LA to plug. The team has plenty of depth at safety, but Teamer was a great piece that was expected to help the Chargers’ secondary. It will be interesting to see who takes his place in the pecking order for the first 4 games and possibly the rest of the season.
For additional info on any of the stories mentioned or any other news from around LA, click on the links below for the full article!
- Rondo’s injury gives Alex Caruso a chance to shine
- Chargers’ safety suspended for 4 games due to substance abuse infraction
More Stories from Around LA
- Dave Roberts reveals why Cody is changing his swing
- Dodgers allowing fans to purchase cutouts to be placed at games
- Could the Lakers lean of Waiters in the wake of Rondo’s injury?
- Danny Green reveals why he isn’t afraid of COVID-19 within the bubble
- Rams among first teams to test face shields on helmets
- Sean McVay gives commencement speech for graduating students
- Hunter Henry not expected to sign contract extension before deadline
- Chargers’ receiving corps ranked as 13th best in the NFL
- Is Paul George’s playoffs history a concern for Clippers?
- Lou Williams says the team voted on decision
— ShowtimeForum (@ShowtimeForum) July 14, 2020
Here’s a 💣 and a bat flip from Cody
Happy birthday @Cody_Bellinger !
— Dodgers Talk (WS CHAMPS) (@LaDodgersTalk) July 14, 2020
— LAFC (@LAFC) July 14, 2020
Remember to check in daily to get the latest updates on LA sports! Follow us on our socials for more content and breaking stories!