Welcome to another roundup, where we gather all of LA sports’ biggest stories of the day!
We start today by acknowledging the incredible start to the summer camp by Corey Seager. He apparently wasted no time during the long layoff and already looks to be in midseason form. It wasn’t long ago that Dodgers fans thought that he would be the face of the franchise, and this season could go a long way in bringing those thoughts back. Seager has been as consistent as it gets when he’s healthy, but that’s a big if. The work that he is putting in so far could mean that the Dodgers are in for a wild season from Seager.
Continuing with Dodgers news, Spanish broadcaster Jaime Jarrín was recently nominated to enter the Radio Hall of Fame thanks to the historic career he’s had with LA. Jarrín has been with the team since 1959 and has been the Hispanic community’s equivalent of Vin Scully. His voice is legendary and completely deserving of this award.
The USC Trojans recently asked followers on Instagram to give their take on their favorite athlete to come out of the program. To the surprise of no one, fans selected Reggie Bush as the all-time favorite Trojan. This recognition came out of nearly 1,300 votes and included some other notable names down the list. For the full top-10 rankings, check out the article down below!
Our final story for today involves the charity efforts of Rams‘ star wide receiver, Cooper Kupp. Kupp announced via his Instagram that he would be participating in a charity golf tournament to help raise money for charities providing COVID-19 relief. He will participate alongside other NFL players, including former teammate Eric Weddle. This is just the latest example of how LA athletes love to give back to their community. Great example Coop!
For additional info on any of the stories mentioned or any other news from around LA, click on the links below for the full article!
- Could 2020 be the year for Corey Seager to really breakthrough?
- Reggie Bush voted favorite Trojan by fans
- Dodgers’ Jaime Jarrin nominated for the Radio Hall of Fame
- Cooper Kupp will play in charity golf tournament
More Stories from Around LA
- Looking back on the historic 60 game stretch for the 2017 Dodgers
- One MLB pundit ranks Dodgers Stadium as best ballpark
- Shooting coach says Davis is the best shooter on the team
- Frank Vogel hasn’t decided how he’ll use Waiters or Smith yet
- We might be seeing a lot of Terrell Burgess next season
- Ram’s rookie Van Jefferson has his Madden 21′ ratings revealed
- Evaluating the Clippers one year after their blockbuster summer
- Clippers clear quarantine, set to begin practices Friday
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) July 11, 2020
friendly reminder that Anthony Davis is the 2020 Defensive Player of the Year 🏆 pic.twitter.com/MqnUycJZTI
— LakeShowYo (@LakeShowYo) July 10, 2020
everyone meet bolt 😍😭
— Los Angeles Chargers (@Chargers) July 9, 2020
Remember to check in daily to get the latest updates on LA sports! Follow us on our socials for more content and breaking stories!