Few athletes have been as busy during this pandemic as LeBron James. Not only has he been preparing for the eventual return of the season, but his Hollywood persona has also taken center stage. James currently has 4 projects in the work that we know of, most being partnerships with other companies. On top of these projects, James has apparently been leading secret practices with a few teammates at a time. While this may be frowned upon, many players are doing similar things to stay ready. We’re all counting on that amazing chemistry to help the team once play resumes.
As for LA’s football teams, they have remained quite busy as well. The Chargers recently re-signed offensive lineman Ryan Groy to help bolster their depth. He was solid for the team last season and the hope is for him to improve even more. The Rams, on the other hand, have switched their focus to the community. They recently surprised a junior football team with Rams gear and new Microsoft Surfaces to assist them in their studies. Both teams have been amazing in helping the community since coming to LA, and that has shown brightly through these difficult times.
The NHL has been in constant communication with its player’s association in hopes of restarting their season as well. With the season being so close to the end, a potential goal was to jump straight into a playoff tourney. An outline has been proposed and seems to have some momentum, so we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.
Finally, we end with baseball. The Dodgers have long been active in the community, using their foundation to help so many people along the way. Their efforts have been recognized as they are a finalist for the Humanitarian Team of the Year! Props to the Dodgers for doing their part in making the world a better place.
For additional info on any of the stories mentioned, click on the links below for the full article!
- LeBron and his current Hollywood projects
- Chargers re-sign Ryan Groy
- LeBron has held secret practices with teammates during pandemic
- NHL and Players Association have help discussions on restarting season
- Rams surprise Watts Rams with hoodies and Microsoft Surface devices
- Dodgers named finalist for Humanitarian Team of the Year award
- Tensions continue to rise between MLB and MLBPA
More Stories from Around LA
- How Justin Turner can be key for universal DH in 2020
- Darryl Strawberry calls out Dodger fans 29 years later
- Dwight Howard confident in the Lakers’ chemistry when season resumes
- Danny Green reveals the league is leaning towards Walt Disney World to resume season
- Aaron Donald: “It wouldn’t be fun to play without fans at games”
- How will the Rams distribute their snaps at RB?
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) May 21, 2020
— Pau Gasol (@paugasol) May 21, 2020
Any stories that you would like us to cover? Let us know in the comments below! Remember to check in daily to get the latest updates on LA sports!