Friday brought some special news, as we were notified of the Lakers’ ability to open their facilities starting Saturday morning. This has been a long time coming, as the team met with the mayor over a week ago to discuss it. While there will be heavy restrictions, this is a positive step towards resuming NBA basketball.
The Dodger’s Justin Turner recently sat down for an interview with broadcasters Joe Davis and Orel Hershiser. While they covered many subjects, Turner’s desire to return to baseball activities stood out. He has even gone as far as considering a temporary move back to Arizona where he could ramp up his training. All of this would be in the hope of baseball returning in the near future, of course. Let’s hope that’s the case.
In other Dodgers news, The team was granted a total of 6 picks in this years restructured draft. After it was cut down from 40 rounds to 5, many teams will be left with far more difficult decisions. The scouting department has done an excellent job throughout the years, leaving little doubt that they can tackle this too.
Clayton Kershaw also made headlines this week, as he doubled down on Ray’s pitcher Blake Snell’s comments over player pay. It’s no secret that there are disputes over salaries and compensations for the shortened season. While the optics might not be ideal, certain players feel the need to speak up to protect their contractual dues, and Kershaw is one of them. There is certainly more than one opinion on the matter, but hopefully a resolution can be found in the near future.
Fan reactions to the Rams’ newest look have been less than stellar, but don’t tell the current players that. Many members of the team have spoken in support of the uniforms and logo, stating that fans shouldn’t let a look keep them from supporting the team. Just as change always takes time, these uniforms may take a while for old school fans to digest. As long as the team can produce on the field, however, all should be forgiven in time. In their quest to do just that, the Rams re-signed another player in Morgan Fox. He has been a valuable backup for the team and is looking to make a bigger impact this coming season. After the departures from key veterans on defense, the Rams will need players like Fox to step up.
For additional info on any of the stories mentioned, click on the links below for the full article!
- Justin Turner opens up about desire to return to baseball
- Lakers set to open up their practice facilities
- Clayton Kershaw stands by Blake Snell’s player pay comments
- Dodgers to receive 6 draft picks in a revised version for 2020
- Rams players support the new look
- Rams re-sign Morgan Fox
- Will Smith and Caleb Ferguson to participate in a charity tournament
More Stories from Around LA
- Lebron James’ company to produce a docuseries on Astros’ cheating scandal
- Taking a look at the Mike Piazza trade 22 years later
- Dwight Howard healing after the death of his son’s mother
- Alex Caruso joins All-In Challenge by auctioning off pair of Laker tickets
- Chargers crush the Rams in battle over LA’s best football jerseys
- Chargers rank most likely to go from worst to first in 2020
— Justin Turner (@redturn2) May 16, 2020
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) May 15, 2020
Any stories that you would like us to cover? Let us know in the comments below! Remember to check in daily to get the latest updates on LA sports!