Los Angeles Lakers’ assistant coach Jason Kidd just got permission from the team to interview for the NY Knicks current head coach opening. Hmmm. Interesting isn’t it?
This season is Kidd’s first as the Lakers assistant coach under Frank Vogel. It was said that Kidd is the 10th known external candidate the Knicks have planned to interview for the job.
Other candidates on the Knicks radar
include the following:
- Knicks current interim coach Mike Miller
- Mavericks assistant Jamahl Mosley
- Warriors assistant Mike Brown
- Spurs assistant Will Hardy
- Bulls assistant Chris Fleming
- 76ers assistant Ime Udoka
- Magics assistant Pat Delany
- former NBA head coaches Mike Woodson, Tom Thibodeau, and Kenny Atkinson
As much as I would hate to see Kidd go, I know he also deserves it. He’s already done so much with this new Lakers squad as far as an assistant goes, he can be vital to any team as a head coach based on his experience. I honestly saw him replacing Vogel if he ever decides to step down. More to come on this when it becomes available.