Our founder has started successful online communities in Dodgers Nation and Lakers Nation along with holding executive and consulting positions at companies such as Disney, SB Nation, Fansided, Time Inc and Genius Sports Media. We would like to take the next step and build the ultimate sports site for Los Angeles Sports Fans.
We’re on the lookout for writers to help improve our coverage of all the great sports teams here in Los Angeles, so if you would like to join our team, please keep on reading on how you can apply to join our team.
With the support of Dodgers Nation and the social media network it has established, we have an established a 7 figure audience that we can grow even bigger, so we hope you understand that writing for LASportsReport.com is a commitment. You will be representing our brand and the fans of Los Angeles to our community of passionate fans.
Please do not apply if you can not contribute on a consistent basis, as we value the relationships in our team and the relationships you will be building with our readers.
Still Interested? Then fill out the form below to give us a chance to better know you and see an example of your writing.
These are absolutely paid positions. Author earnings are tracked by a 3rd party, Google Analytics and are based on number of articles written and performance as agreed upon between the editor and staff.
Open Positions – Join LA Sports Report
Job Location: Remote / Work from Home
- Due to the current legal landscape of California’s AB5, we are limited to what California-based writers can produce on this site. We are constantly monitoring the situation and hope to provide opportunities to people looking for an extra source of income.
The Staff Writer will deliver friendly and engaging content within Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and any other social media platform that fits as well as create search engine optimized copy for LASportsReport.com. This individual will be expected to maintain a dialogue with reputable sports communities as well as stimulate conversation about LA Sports Report and the content being produced.
- Responsible for 3-4 daily articles (minimum) to the website and all social media outlets
- Create stylish, engaging content for multiple online communities
- Write SEO-friendly content for sport-specific landing pages and perform basic keyword research
- Become a company advocate in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Identify opportunities to guest blog and invite guest bloggers to participate
- Regularly provide feedback on insights gained from social media monitoring
- Continuously monitor social media trends and tools for changes that affect our team.
- Use in-house tools to best monitor main teams of focus.
LA Sports Report reserves the right for a 5 article probationary period upon hiring, where all articles are put into a draft status and reviews before publication. After the initial 5 articles are completed, there will be a review and a determination will be made as to if the relationship will continue. This is an at-will position. If it is determined that the work is sufficient to remain on as a Staff Writer, you will be granted full publishing rights. If at any time you choose to end your relationship with LA Sports Report, you are free to do so and earnings will cease upon termination of the relationship.